The holidays are known for being a stressful period. In fact, it’s estimated that around 88% of Americans believe that the holidays are the most stressful time of the year. There are countless reasons for this: the stress of buying presents for everyone, hosting large get-togethers, dealing with family members, and the increased financial burden that the season brings. This stress can cause anxiety, headaches, irritability, sadness, sleep deprivation, and more.
Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to manage holiday stress so that you can enjoy the holiday season with family and friends in California.
How To Manage Holiday Stress
The following are some simple tips to help you reduce your stress and feel better during the holidays:
- Take time for yourself. Make sure to take time for yourself to relax and unwind. This could simply mean taking a few minutes to read, take a hot bath, or go for a walk. Having some time to yourself is especially important when dealing with family stress.
- Set reasonable expectations. Don’t expect the holidays to be perfect. Try to let go of unrealistic expectations and focus on enjoying the season for what it is.
- Plan ahead. Start planning early for holiday meals, parties, and gifts. Planning ahead will help to reduce last-minute stress and help you to stay organized.
- Be realistic with finances. It’s easy to get carried away during the holidays. Create a budget and stick to it as best as you can. Don’t overextend yourself.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise is one of the best ways to reduce stress. Even if it’s just a few minutes of yoga or a walk around the block, it can help to reduce your stress levels.
- Seek support. If you’re feeling overwhelmed and stressed, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Talking to a therapist or seeking support from friends and family can make a huge difference.
By following these six tips, you can manage holiday stress and truly enjoy this special time of year. For more tips and advice on dealing with the holiday season or managing stress in general, be sure to visit us at The Benefits Store today.