Having a MedicAlert medical ID on a bracelet or necklace can end up saving your life. Unfortunately, not enough people know what it is. Anyone who has a medical condition of any sort can benefit from having such an ID. To help spread awareness of the ID and how it can save your life, August is MedicAlert Awareness Month.
The Benefits of a MedicAlert Medical ID
Despite the fact that the medical ID has been available for almost half a century, not enough people are familiar with them — or use them. As such, the following are some of the reasons why you or your family members should wear such a medical ID if you have a medical condition:
- Members can update and access their emergency health records online at any time and from anywhere.
- An emergency response team has access to the online health records and is trained to provide vital medical information to first responders.
- If you experience a medical emergency that leaves you incapacitated or unable to provide first responders or healthcare providers with information, your medical ID will be able to provide your health records and information for you. As a result, medical errors (such as a misdiagnosis or an error in medication) are reduced by as much as 50 percent.
- First responders with access to the information on your medical ID will be able to take quicker action, especially if the condition you suffer from is difficult to recognize on the spot. Such a faster response time can end up saving your life.
- Besides providing first responders and healthcare providers with important medical information, a medical ID also helps identify the person wearing it, which is useful if they don’t have any other identifying documents on them (such as a driver’s license).
- Medical IDs are internationally recognized, which means that they can help save your life even if you’re not in California or the United States.
As you can see, having a MedicAlert medical ID can be life-saving if you have a medical condition. For more health tips, visit us at The Benefits Store today.