Preventative oral health maintenance is critical for maintaining a healthy mouth and preventing future oral health problems. There are all kinds of issues that can develop as a result of bad oral habits. In fact, tooth decay and gum disease are two of the most common oral issues in not just California, but the entire world. To help spread awareness about oral hygiene, October was designated as National Dental Hygiene Awareness Month.
Tips For Maintaining Your Oral Health
The following are some tips for keeping your mouth healthy:
- Brush your teeth: Brushing your teeth twice a day will help remove plaque and bacteria from your teeth. Be sure to use proper brushing techniques, such as using circular motions and covering all surfaces of your teeth. Additionally, make sure that you brush your gums and your tongue as well.
- Floss your teeth: This will help remove plaque and bacteria stuck between your teeth. Be sure to use proper flossing techniques, such as using an up-and-down motion and being careful not to snap the floss against your gums. You should floss at least once a day.
- Rinse your mouth with mouthwash: This will help remove plaque and bacteria from your mouth. Be sure to use a mouthwash that contains fluoride, as this will help protect your teeth from decay.
- Chew sugarless gum: This will help stimulate saliva production, which can help rinse away plaque and bacteria. Additionally, chewing gum can also help to freshen your breath. Just make sure it doesn’t contain any sugar, as this can actually promote tooth decay.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Routine checkups can help catch problems early before they become more serious. During your appointment, your dentist will clean your teeth and look for any signs of trouble.
Maintaining your oral health isn’t difficult if you make it a priority. By following these tips, you can help keep your mouth healthy and prevent future problems. For more health tips, be sure to visit us at The Benefits Store today.