Headaches are defined as any type of pain you might feel in your head. Everyone has experienced a headache at some point; they’re not uncommon. However, there are many types of and different headache causes.
If you’re having serious headaches, such as cluster headaches or migraines, then you should seek medical attention from a doctor in California. Unfortunately, many people don’t realize they should go seek medical help due to headaches. Because of this, June was designated as National Migraine & Headache Awareness Month.
What Are the Common Headache Causes?
There are essentially two headache causes: primary and secondary. Primary headaches are when the pain that you feel in your head is the actual condition. A secondary headache is when the pain in your head is caused by something else, such as an illness or an allergy. There are many different triggers for primary headaches, including hormone fluctuations, dehydration, sleep disruption, stress, and more.
What Are Different Types of Headaches?
Headaches can be classified as either episodic or chronic. Episodic headaches occur infrequently. Chronic headaches occur regularly. The following are a few of the common types of headaches that you should know about:
- Allergy – Certain allergies and sinus problems can lead to these secondary headaches.
- Cluster – Cluster headaches cause burning sensations around the eye or on one side of the face.
- Exertion – Exertion headaches are secondary headaches caused by intense physical activity, such as running or weightlifting. Such head pain is caused by the increased flow of blood to the skull.
- Migraine – According to the World Health Organization (WHO), one in 7 people experience migraines. They can be incredibly intense and can last days. They can cause nausea and vomiting as well.
- Tension – Tension headaches are usually triggered by stress and cause dull, aching pains.
Visit A Doctor if You Experience Chronic Headaches
If you’re experiencing headaches on a regular basis, then you should seek medical attention. A doctor can help you manage the pain headaches cause as well as identify and avoid certain triggers.
For more information about headache causes and for general health advice, be sure to visit us at The Benefits Store.