At this point in time, almost every American owns a smartphone. While it’s been hugely beneficial in allowing people to communicate and access information within seconds, it’s not without drawbacks. For example, you could argue that people have become over-reliant on their phones. People are afraid to miss their notification alerts, to the point where their phones are always on them and never far from their minds. If this is the case for you, then you may want to consider taking a break. Here are five signs that you might need to take a break from your smartphone.
- You’re going to bed later than you should because you keep checking and using your smartphone, which is cutting down on your sleep.
- You’re having trouble finishing your work or homework on time as a result of smartphone use.
- Your smartphone use is affecting your manners. For example, you’re in the middle of a conversation with someone you are physically with and you feel the need to check your phone, whether you hear a notification alert or not.
- You find yourself spending more time on your smartphone and less time with friends and family.
- You’re feeling less creative than usual. Smartphone use can deprive you of your normal flow of creative thought.
If you notice any of these signs, then it’s time to take a break from your smartphone.
Detoxing From Smartphone Use
Take a day off of smartphone use every week; simply make the decision to power down for 24 hours. You’ll no longer be anticipating notifications or have a fear of missing out on any messages or information. It’s like a smartphone cleanse and it can have a very healthy impact on your life.
In this day and age, it’s difficult not to rely heavily on your smartphone. However, it can be a good idea to take a regular break from your smartphone so that you don’t become too attached to it. Stay up to date with the latest health news by visiting us at The Benefits Store today!